How Late Are You?
If the answer is "Not at all," you're golden. If the answer is anything more than 5 minutes, you've got a new problem. The school opens at 7:10 and first period starts at 8:45. Students arriving after 8:50 will be held in the main entrance until the beginning of 2nd period so as not to disrupt the educational activities already in progress in the classroom. Remember, early is on time, on time is late and late is unacceptable.
Neatness, modesty, and propriety are key components to a successful education. The purpose of the dress code at Taft IT High School is to encourage the development of these virtues. It is recognized that there are varied opinions as to what constitutes neatness, modesty, and propriety. When we look the part, we tend to do the job better. We recognize aesthetically, that student dress is distracting and can be counterproductive to success. We request the cooperation of both students and parents in maintaining the school’s dress code. It is also our desire to clarify any questions about the dress code long before they become an issue.
Students must adhere to the Taft dress code, there is no opting out. Students should arrive to school in uniform and remain in uniform throughout the entire school day. Below are some specific guidelines.
To create, within Taft IT High School community, an environment that enables a student to gain the respect and confidence of others through his/her outward appearance.
Board Policy 5511 Dress and Grooming
The board authorizes the school to establish a reasonable dress code of a school uniform. The dress code or requirements for school uniforms shall be incorporated into the Student Handbook and Discipline Plan. Taft’s uniform policy is mandatory. There is no opting out.
- Solid white, green or gold polo shirt or oxford shirt (must have a collar) — No other color is acceptable.
- Only logo permitted is the Taft logo or brand-name logo no bigger than a credit card.
- A solid white, green or gold thermal or solid white, green or gold long-sleeve t-shirt may be worn under a short-sleeve polo — white, green or gold are the only acceptable colors
- Solid white, green or gold hoodies/sweaters/fleece outerwear may be worn; however, have the hood on the head is a violation of the policy; the same colors for polo shirts apply to hoodies.
- Tan pants/skirts
- Plaid skirt
- No jackets, coats, hats, scarves, hoods on heads or any other head gear permitted
- Shorts/skirts must be knee-length; anything shorter than to the knee is not acceptable.
- Taft spirit wear (t-shirts, hoodies, sweats, sports uniforms, etc.) can only be worn if there is a pre-approved "spirit day."
- The only logo that is ever acceptable on polos/oxfords is the official Taft uniform logo or a brand-name logo no bigger than a credit card.
- Clothing must be worn in a manner that does not expose the shoulder, torso, midriff, chest, cleavage, back, buttocks or undergarments; pants must stay up unassisted without a belt.
This uniform policy applies to all areas/locations at Taft IT High School.
Where to Purchase Uniforms
|Grade A Uniforms
2128 Losantiville Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45237
2656 E. Sharon Road
Cincinnati, OH 45241
School code: OH01372
6560 Glenway Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45211
School code: OH01372
You can buy non-logo apparel at any retailer such as Walmart or Target.