How Late Are You?
If the answer is "Not at all," you're golden. If the answer is anything more than 5 minutes, you've got a new problem. The school opens at 7:10 and first period starts at 8:45. Students arriving after 8:50 will be held in the main entrance until the beginning of 2nd period so as not to disrupt the educational activities already in progress in the classroom. Remember, early is on time, on time is late and late is unacceptable.
You and your student have been warned.
Student Dress Code
Neatness, modesty, and propriety are key components to a successful education. The purpose of the dress code at Taft IT High School is to encourage the development of these virtues. It is recognized that there are varied opinions as to what constitutes neatness, modesty, and propriety. When we look the part, we tend to do the job better. We recognize aesthetically, that student dress is distracting and can be counterproductive to success. We request the cooperation of both students and parents in maintaining the school’s dress code. It is also our desire to clarify any questions about the dress code long before they become an issue. Below are some specific guidelines.
To create, within Taft IT High School community, an environment that enables a student to gain the respect and confidence of others through his/her outward appearance.
Board Policy 5511 Dress and Grooming
The board authorizes the school to establish a reasonable dress code of a school uniform. The dress code or requirements for school uniforms shall be incorporated into the Student Handbook and Discipline Plan. Taft’s uniform policy is mandatory. There is no opting out.
Students must adhere to the Taft dress code, there is no opting out.
- Students should arrive to school in uniform and remain in uniform throughout the entire school day.
- All students will wear a Polo or Oxford shirt in Green, Gold or White.
- In cases of cold weather students may wear undershirts with sleeves but they must also be solid white, gold, green.All students will wear a Polo or Oxford shirt in Green, Gold or White.
- All students will wear solid black or khaki bottoms NO DENIM (JEANS) Pant legs should not be adorned with colors or designs. Jeggins, leggings, and tights are not acceptable bottoms unless worn under a skort, skirt, or shorts. Students may wear shorts or skorts at any time. Keeping in mind skirts, skorts, and shorts MUST be no more than 4” above the knee. Any student in violation of this policy will be asked to change immediately, if proper clothing is not available parents will be contacted and a consequence will be issued. Tights or leggings worn under shorts, skirts, and skorts do not count toward the length of those items.
- No oversized shirts or pants
- Clothing should not be adorned with logos, pictures, patches, buttons, drawings, or sayings (stated or implied) which refer to drugs, alcohol, violence, sex, athletics or the music industry.
- Athletic attire is appropriate during school hours only when in gym class, there is also a uniform requirement for physical education.
- Hats, bandannas, gloves, scarves and other head gear are not permitted.
- Flip flops or open toed shoes are not permitted.
- Cleavage and sagging pants is NOT appropriate for a school setting and will not be tolerated.
- No purses or chains worn as adornments allowed in classrooms.
- This dress code is in effect every day, on school grounds, at school related activities, and on the way to or from school.
- In all cases, the administration has the authority to determine compliance.Students who are found to be out of dress code are subject to disciplinary actions