Cincinnati Public Schools is launching CPS Students Speak Up and Speak Out, the first in a series of forums for students, by students to discuss racial injustice and inequities in our city and country.
CPS Students Speak Up and Speak Out is at Noon Wednesday, June 3, 2020 (weekly series moving forward)
To join in listen mode, select from the following options:
- Web Browser https://primetime.bluejeans.com/a2m/live-event/rvehxjjw
- Join via a mobile device or download the app if you don’t have it already. Enter event ID : rvehxjjw
The primary audience is 7th- through12th-grade students, with a special focus on our African-American Students; Open to media and community in a listen-only mode.
CPS Students Speak Up and Speak Out is an opportunity for CPS students to speak up and speak out and have their voices heard surrounding racial injustice and inequities in our city and country. Community leaders will come together to dialogue with our student leaders on how we can effectively make true progress and support them through this time of injustice and racism.
- Don Newberry, Shroder High School Athletic Director
- LaMarque Ward, Dream Builders, Aiken High School alum
- Jan-Michele Kearney, Cincinnati City Council, Walnut Hills High School alum
- Kathy Wright, Principal Hughes High School
Fran Russ, CPS Communications Officer