Family involvement is essential to student success. At Robert A. Taft Information Technology High School, there are many ways to connect with students and staff. If you are interested in assisting us, please contact Tammy Gilmore, Resource Coordinator..
Volunteerism is a cornerstone of Taft. And that begins with parents lending their time and talent on at least one school committee. Tell us your interests, skills and passion, and we will match you to a rewarding volunteer role!
If you are interested in volunteering in any capacity, call the front office today at (513) 363-8200, and we will let you know how to get started!
Local School Decision Making Committee (LSDMC)
The LSDMC is the primary governing body for each school in the district. This committee gives insight and input into important decisions that greatly impact students' lives and shape their educational experiences.
The function of the LSDMCs includes:
- Adopting bylaws, including the school's mission and vision
- Setting measurable goals, based on a needs assessment
- Developing a broad plan (One Plan) to implement these goals
- Completing a mid-year and end-of-year progress report
- Making recommendations and approving the school budget
- Participating in the selection of the principal when a vacancy exists
- Approving locally initiated changes in the school's program or focus
- Making recommendations to the principal regarding other school issues
- Seeking grants to support the school's programs (optional)
- Coordinating and overseeing the development of the school as a Community Learning Center
The committee is composed of parents, teachers, staff members and community members.
Security Badges and Background Checks
To assure the safety of students and staff, Cincinnati Public Schools requires security badges for anyone entering CPS' buildings. One-time visitors receive a temporary security badge from the front office. Individuals who visit our buildings on a regular basis, such as volunteers, must obtain a security badge and wear it at all times in our buildings. Learn more about how to obtain a security badge.